This program talks about the basic commands and constructs of C and introduces the participants to the modular/structured programming approach. C++ is an object-oriented programming language that intends to be a simple, modern, and general-purpose programming language for application development. Object-oriented concepts form the base of all modern programming languages. Understanding the basic concepts of object-orientation helps a programmer to use various modern day programming languages, more effectively.There is great use of C/C++ in Trading for developing a trading strategy.
Introduction to C/C++ language and programming
Introduction to C Language
- Overview of Language C
- Basic structures of c programs and programming style of c
- Constant ,Variables and Data Types
- C Tokens , Keywords and Identifiers. Declaring different variables. Reading of data through keyboard
- Operators and Expressions. Managing Input and Output operators
- Types of operators, expressions and conversions
- Operator precedence and associativity. Reading and writing character
- Formatting of input and output
- Decision making and branching. Decision making and looping
- The If statement . The Switch statement .
- The Conditional operator. The Go to statement
- The while loop. The do while loop
- The for loop and jumps in loop
- Arrays. Character arrays and strings
- One and two dimensional arrays
- Declaring string variables. Reading and writing data. Comparison of strings. Table of strings
- User Defined functions
- Need for user defined functions. Declaration and definition of functions.
- Function call. Nesting of function
- Passing arrays and strings to functions
- Structures and Unions
- Defining a structure. Declaring structures variables
- Arrays of structures. Arrays within structures
- Understanding Pointers. Declaring Pointer Variable. Chain of pointers.
- Pointers expressions. Pointers as function arguments
- Pointer to functions and pointers and structures
- File Management in C. The preprocessor
- Defining and opening a file. Closing a file. Random access to files.
- Macro substitutions. File inclusion. Compiler control directives
Introduction to C++ and object oriented programming
- Principles of Object oriented Programming. Beginning with C++
- Basic concepts of Object – oriented Programming. Benefits of OOP
- Application of C++
- Tokens, keywords, expressions and control structures
- Basic data types and user defined data types. Derived data types and operator overloading
- Functions in C++
- Main function and function prototyping.Call by reference and inline functions
- Function overloading, friend function and virtual function
- Classes and objects. Inheritance Extending classes
- Class specification and Defining member function. Nesting of member function.
- Array of objects. Pointers to members. Defining derived class and single inheritance
- Multiple inheritance and Hierarchical inheritance. Abstract classes
- Constructors and destructors
- Constructor and parameterized function
- Multiple constructors in a class.
- Operator overloading and type conversions
- Defining operator overloading. Overloading Unary operators
- Manipulation of strings using operators
- Pointers. Polymorphisms. Pointers to objects and virtual functions. Pure virtual functions